Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Adult and YA Teasers (Oct. 10, 2017)

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by The Purple Booker. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

Teaser on Inside of a Dog:
Emerson's comings and goings are generally impetuous, and he seldom looks to see where he is going. He assumes that any person in his path will get out of his way and that he can brush aside any impediment. When he flung to door of the sitting room open, he stumbled over an object lying on the threshold. Fortunately he did look down this time, and I was treated to the sight of agitated dance steps as Emerson tried to avoid treading on the object. He had, with his usual acuity, realized at once that it was of some value.
-- The Painted Queen by Elizabeth Peters and Joan Hess

Teaser on Ms. Martin Teaches Media:
"What's wrong with this country?" Riley asked.

Evelyn took a deep breath and let it out. "Nothing I'm prepared to say in front of you."

"O-M-G," Riley said. (That stands for "Oh my God," Dr. Corbin.) "Just because I disagree with you doesn't make me an informant."
-- The Innocence Treatment by Ari Goelman

2 comments:

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!