Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Teaser Tuesday: Kale to the Queen by Nell Hampton

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by The Purple Booker. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

Teaser:
"Oh, no, Chef," he said and took the carrots and asparagus from me to cut and prep them. "My mum actually likes the nursing home. She orders people about as if she were the queen herself." He laughed. "My job is to stay out of the way and say, 'Yes, Mum, that's fine with me.'"
This week I'm reading Kale to the Queen by Nell Hampton. What could be better than a cozy mystery set in Kensington Palace? Here's the description from Amazon:
Chef Carrie Ann Cole is about to embark on the adventure of a lifetime--an assignment as the new Personal Chef to the Royal Family at Kensington Palace. But no sooner has Carrie Ann touched down across the pond and donned her apron than a dead body crops up beneath the royal kale beds.

With one assistant dead and the other soon under suspicion for his murder, Carrie Ann is scrambling to keep her kitchen up and running. Not to mention she gets off to an immediate bad start with the tempestuous Royal Chef Butterbottom, who has a bitter taste in his mouth since the prestigious position in the Royal Family's kitchen was given to an "over-privileged, under-educated American chef."

But the Royal Family's appetites wait for no one, and Carrie Ann must solve the murder and still get supper on the table on time--even with the annoyingly handsome Head of Security Ian Gordon tracking her every move like an MI6 agent. Suspects abound as an American chef adds a bit of spice to the traditional royal household in the first in Nell Hampton's charming and tasty Kensington Palace Chef Mystery series, Kale to the Queen.

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like an excellent cozy. Have to add it to my TBR list. Thanks for sharing it. And thanks for coming by My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always looking for a new cozy author and series. That title is so fun!

    My TT from Thirteen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute teaser!! Another new to me one!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This seems cute! Thanks for sharing! :)
    My teaser this week is from Don't Kiss the Messenger by Katie Ray

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can see how someone would like being treated so well and listened to like that. :-) This sounds like a fun read. Thanks for sharing, Kathy!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!