Monday, July 18, 2016

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (July 18, 2016)

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is now hosted by Kathryn at The Book Date.

It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

Other Than Reading... 

This was another quiet week. With the All-Star Game messing with the baseball schedule, I had more time to read. I decided to binge on the rest of the Pink Carnation series. I also spent some time waiting for review books to arrive.

The house hunt is going slowly. My realtor seems to be sending me one link a week for potential houses. Nothing is the right fit so far. I'm not sure what I want is available in the Duluth housing market. I'm starting to think that I am going to have to find land and built it.

Read Last Week
I began the week reading a review book that I won at LibraryThing. Curious Minds by Janet Evanovich and Phoef Sutton begins a new series. This was a zany romantic comedy that makes Evanovich's Stephanie Plum series read like realistic fiction. It was fun. My review will be posted on August 18 for this August 16 release.

Then I started my Pink Carnation binge. The Orchid Affair by Lauren Willig takes place mostly in France and stars a governess who is a graduate of the Selwick's spy school. It was an excellent adventure and romance. My review will be posted on August 24.
Next was The Garden Intrigue by Lauren Willig. This one gave side character, bad poet, and spy Augustus Whittlesby his chance to be a romantic hero. After having his heart broken by Jane's rejection, he needs to team up with Yankee import, widow Emma Delagardie to find a device that Napoleon has commissioned from Robert Fulton. My review will be posted on August 31.

The Passion of the Purple Plumeria by Lauren Willig brings Jane and her chaperone Miss Gwen back to England when Jane's sister goes missing from her boarding school. It also brings in Colonel William Reid, fresh from India, as a romantic partner for Miss Gwen. My review will be posted on September 7.
The Mark of the Midnight Manzanilla by Lauren Willig stars Turnip's little sister who is determined to save Lucien, Duke of Belliston. He has returned to England to finally try to find the person who murdered his parents but rumor has it that he is a vampire. My review will be posted on September 14.

The Lure of the Moonflower by Lauren Willig is the twelfth and last of the Pink Carnation series. This one finally stars Jane and gives her a chance to have a romance. Her romantic hero turns out to be Jack Reid who is also known as the Moonflower. My review will be posted on September 28.

Currently
I am currently reading Rock Wedding by Nalini Singh. I had asked for this one at NetGalley a while ago and was finally approved on Friday night. This book will be released on Tuesday! So far it is a very engaging emotional roller-coaster.

Next Week
First to be read next week are two August 9 releases that arrived in my mailbox on Saturday.

These Honored Dead by Jonathan F. Putnam is a historical mystery with Abraham Lincoln as one of the detectives.

The Damascus Threat by Matt Rees is a fast-paced thriller.
Next I'll be reading House Rules by Jodi Picoult from my TBR mountain. I have been curious about this author. When a lady I lunched with at the Senior Center recommended it, I had to get a copy and put it on my stack.

Shadow Falling by Rebecca Zanetti was an Amazon Vine pick. This is a post-apocalyptic romantic suspense title that will be released on August 30.

Reviews Posted
Want to See What I Added to My Stack Last Week?
 These Honored Dead by Jonathan F. Putnam (review book - August 9)
The Damascus Threat by Matt Rees (Review book - August 9)
 Rock Wedding by Nalini Singh (review book - July 19)
The Bone Witch by Rin Chupeco (review book - March 1, 2017)
Over Easy by Pamela Ford - I have been seeing this on lots of blogs and it sounds like a fun romantic comedy. I bought myself a Kindle copy.

To see what Young Adult books I have been reading and plan to read, check out Ms. Martin Teaches Media - my other blog.

19 comments:

  1. House hunting can be fun...and frustrating. Good luck, and enjoy.

    I loved House Rules...and Curious Minds looks like something I need to check out. Thanks for sharing.

    Here are MY WEEKLY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
  2. It might be fun to find land and build a home. Good luck!

    http://readerbuzz.blogspot.com/2016/07/childrens-books-set-in-paris-definitive.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard of the Lauren Willig series and those look like fun! Enjoy all you have in store.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't been watching as much baseball this year, but I always hated the all-star beak, lol! Good luck with the house hunt. I know it's not an easy task.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you had a pretty good week reading wise. I haven't heard of that series before but it looks interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck with your house hunt! Finding the perfect place to live is so hard sometimes,but I'm hoping you find it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't heard of any of the books you've mentioned, but the Pink Carnation books sound interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You sure have a busy reading schedule. Good luck with the house hunting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm adding Curious Minds to my wishlist. Janet Evanovich is a favorite of mine. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved the Stephanie Plum series (I stopped at nineteen) and miss that type of hilarious humor in my books. I'll definitely be adding Curious Minds to my shelf. I hope your house hunting picks up. Better to be patient and find or build exactly what you want than to settle any day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, that's a heck of a line-up! Lots of really interesting-looking picks.

    Good luck with your house hunting!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love Evanovich and have been enjoying her Stephanie Plum series, although I haven't read all of them yet. Looking forward to your review of that one.

    Thanks for the roundup! Mine is here: #IMWAYR

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm impressed you read five books from a series in one week. I'll definitely have to check out the Pink Carnation series. Happy house hunting and enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have been a huge fan of Evanovich since One for the Money but have not read any of her books written with other authors. What do you think of them? Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You had a fantastic reading/blogging week. Good luck on the house hunt -- it can be very frustrating. We recently built a home and while the process is a bit stressful it is completely worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, you've got books piled up all around you. I see you comfy in a chair or sofa and stacks of books surrounding you.I have the Pink Carnation series on my TBR. I need to give Janet Evanovich another go. I didn't like the first of the Lizzie and Diesel series. I have had her Stephanie Plum series on my TBR for ages and one of my knitty friends is really into that one. I'll move it up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And thank you for stopping by my blog this past Monday ^__^.

      Delete
  17. I hope your house hunting went better this week! My brother is house hunting too, and is having a rough time as well.

    I haven't read Janet Evanovich for a while and this one sounds fun!! I will have to add it to the list.

    ReplyDelete
  18. *Sorry if these posts twice!*

    Yeah for Rock Wedding! Hope you enjoyed it! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!