Thursday, March 31, 2016

ARC Review: I Dream of Dragons by Ashlyn Chase

I Dream of Dragons
Author: Ashlyn Chase
Series: Boston Dragons (Book 1)
Publication: Sourcebooks Casablanca (April 5, 2016)

Description: THE HEAT IS ON

When Rory Arish and his two fiery dragon siblings are run out of their ancestral Irish home, it seems their luck has run out-until they arrive in Boston and find a paranormal-friendly apartment building. Finally, Rory has a place to call home. There's only one problem: Rory's new lair has simultaneously been rented to an infuriating woman who is as stubborn as she is beautiful and will not leave 'her' apartment matter how steamed he may be...

AND SPARKS FLY

Amber McNally is a down-on-her-luck flight attendant. She needs this apartment, and not even a fire-breathing dragon with his Irish charm and scorching good looks is going to scare her away. Holing up in their respective corners, a battle of wills ensues. Who will be the first to blink...or give in to their off-the-charts chemistry and decide to make this unorthodox living arrangement a little more permanent?

My Thoughts: This was a fun paranormal romance between a dragon and a modern day muse. Rory Arish and his two sisters have been kicked out of Ireland after being accused of stealing a leprechaun's gold. They have made their way to Boston. Amber is a flight attendant who is getting bored with the job when she is recruited to by the new muse of air travel. The two meet when they both rent the same apartment in a paranormal friendly building. Since possession is nine-tenths of the law, neither is willing to leave the apartment so that the other can claim it. While they are there they happen to fall in love.

Troubles aren't over because the leprechauns still want their gold and Amber is having some adjustment issues with the whole muse thing. The story is filled with a wide variety of paranormal creatures. While this is the first I've read by the author and this is the first book in a series, a quick peak at Amazon showed me that many of the characters in this story had books of their own.

Fans of paranormal romances with both heat and humor will enjoy this story.

Favorite Quote:
"How about you, Amber? Are you a sports fan?" Sly asked.

She chuckled. "The only sport I'm remotely interested in is hunting, and by that I mean bargain hunting."
I got this eARC from NetGalley. You can buy your copy here.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE Irish folklore and Celtic mythology. I hadn't heard of this book, but I'm going to have to add it to my TBR list!

    Amber @ Fall Into Books

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!