Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Teaser Tuesday: The Infamous Heir by Elizabeth Michels

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of A Daily Rhythm. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

Teaser:
Ethan had to cough to disguise his laughter. The little Ethan knew of this now-grown woman told him his brother was as far off target with his assumption as Roselyn's arrows had been—although she was making a valiant effort at refinement this morning.
This week my teaser comes from The Infamous Heir by Elizabeth Michels. I got this eARC from NetGalley. Here is the description from Amazon:
The Spare Heirs Society Cordially Invites You to Meet Ethan Moore: The Scoundrel
Lady Roselyn Grey's debut has finally arrived, and of course, she has every flounce and flutter planned. She'll wear the perfect gowns and marry the perfect gentleman...that is, if the formerly disinherited brother of the man she intends to marry doesn't ruin everything first.
Ethan Moore is a prize-fighting second son and proud founding member of the Spare Heirs Society-and that's all he ever should have been. But, in an instant, his brother's noble title is his, the eyes of the ton are upon him, and the lady he's loved for years would rather meet him in the boxing ring than the ballroom.
He's faced worse. With the help of his Spare Heirs brotherhood, Ethan's certain he can get to the bottom of his brother's unexpected demise and win the impossible lady who has haunted his dreams for as long as he can remember...

9 comments:

  1. I got a chuckle out of the teaser too. :-) Thanks for stopping by fundinmental.
    sherry @ fundinmental My TT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Assumptions are often like that, Great teaser. Mine is here: http://wp.me/p4DMf0-1cH

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your teaser and I think I could also really like this book!
    Thanks for sharing, and here's my TT :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The teaser intrigued me and made me smile. Thanks for sharing, and here's mine: “FIND HER”

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha! That's funny. You've definitely caught my attention.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun teaser. I believe her well laid plans are going to go up in smoke. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting, looks like a really fun read! :D

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!