Monday, February 22, 2016

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (Feb. 22, 2016)

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is now hosted by Kathryn at The Book Date.

It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

Other Than Reading... 

I don't know where this week went. Monday at the Elementary was crazy. To celebrate the completion of our new addition, the principal hired a couple of DJs and all of the kids went to a dance party during their "Specials" time. I spent the afternoon dancing with my students. On the positive side, this is the first time this year that my Fitbit registered over 10,000 steps. On the negative side, I didn't know it was going to happen and it messed up my week's lesson plans. 

I also had two meetings this week that took up Tuesday evening and Thursday late afternoon. I'm glad to have those meetings out of the way. As a holdover from the crud I've had for a couple of weeks, I found myself taking naps when I got home from school each day which really cut into my reading time. I am feeling much better now and think I might be able to stay awake all day today.

Next week is midquarters. My sixth graders grades are all caught up and we have moved on to a unit on Internet Safety. It is hard to believe that we are in the middle of our third quarter already.

Read Last Week
I read The Skeleton Garden by Marty Wingate which is the latest in her Potting Shed cozy mystery series. I like the characters in this series and thought the mystery was done well too. My review will be posted on March 12.

I also read Tumbled Graves by Brenda Chapman. This is the third book in a series but I had no trouble beginning the series here. It tells the complicated story of a missing mother and daughter while also talking about the complications in the lives of the investigators. I enjoyed it and, luckily, have the first two books on my Kindle. My review will be posted on March 17.

Currently
I am currently reading Dragon Harper by Anne McCaffrey and Todd McCaffrey. I purchased this book on May 8, 2008. It is my goal to finish reading this whole series in 2016.

Next Week
I'm back to review books next week. The assortment shows my eclectic reading taste.
Reviews Posted
Want to See What I Added to My Stack Last Week?

Nothing yet. I accepted four review books that should be arriving next week.

Added in 2016 - 62
  • 32 review books
  • 47 still on TBR pile
  • 15 read
To see what Young Adult books I have been reading and plan to read, check out Ms. Martin Teaches Media - my other blog.

7 comments:

  1. Enjoy your upcoming reads! I haven't read a JD Robb book in years, I should try one again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the mix of genres here. It always makes for an interesting week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been napping more lately, and I wasn't even sick! But I do have a slightly scratchy throat, so I should stock up on Airborne. My daughter laughs at me for taking it, but it seems to help...a little.

    Enjoy your week, and I like your book lineup. Here are MY WEEKLY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
  4. The year is going by fast (and so did last week). Sounds like a fun dance party at the school. :) And hope you're liking the Pern books.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh nice! Those are all totally new to me reads! Hope you enjoyed and enjoy them all!

    Here's my Monday Wrap-up

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice week.

    Very fast week.

    I liked when we did an Internet Safety Unit. The little ones liked it more than the older ones. The older ones were sort of bored. :)

    We had fun sites, but I can't remember what we used now. Been four years, and I forget. What do you use? It might be what I used. E-mail me if you can.

    ENJOY the rest of this week.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My It's Monday, What Are You Reading

    ReplyDelete
  7. The dance sounds like fun and it is always encouraging to me if I make over 5,000 steps. You are right, 10,000 on happens with extra exercise.
    Reading looks good. I'm curious about Lady in the Smoke and Silence.
    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!