Friday, February 19, 2016

Friday Memes: The Trouble with Fate by Leigh Evans

Happy Friday everybody!
Book Beginnings on Friday is now hosted by Rose City ReaderThe Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice. Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Don’t dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.

Beginning:
What do the tree huggers call it? Karma?
Friday 56:
It starts with the memory of us doing normal stuff. That's usually how I slide into my personal nightmare, each time seduced by the sweet comfort of our family's routine.
This week I am spotlighting The Trouble with Fate by Leigh Evans. I have had this urban fantasy story on my TBR mountain since 2012. Here is the description from Amazon:
My name is Hedi Peacock and I have a secret. I'm not human, and I have the pointy Fae ears and Were inner-bitch to prove it. As fairy tales go, my childhood was damn near perfect, all fur and magic until a werewolf killed my father and the Fae executed my mother. I've never forgiven either side. Especially Robson Trowbridge. He was a part-time werewolf, a full-time bastard, and the first and only boy I ever loved. That is, until he became the prime suspect in my father's death…

Today I'm a half-breed barista working at a fancy coffee house, living with my loopy Aunt Lou and a temperamental amulet named Merry, and wondering where in the world I'm going in life. A pretty normal existence, considering. But when a pack of Weres decides to kidnap my aunt and force me to steal another amulet, the only one who can help me is the last person I ever thought I'd turn to: Robson Trowbridge. And he's as annoyingly beautiful as I remember. That's the trouble with fate: Sometimes it barks. Other times it bites. And the rest of the time it just breaks your heart. Again…

5 comments:

  1. I like the sound of this one and the blurb is interesting! It sounds like a good read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great excerpts, and while this one is not my usual read, I am intrigued. Thanks for sharing, and here's mine: “MULTIPLE LISTINGS”

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL at the beginning, love it!
    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's odd that I don't read more about Fae. I guess the books slip past me. This sounds really good:)
    My 56 - http://fuonlyknew.com/2016/02/19/the-friday-56-95-chicken-soup-for-the-pet-lovers-soul/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the sound of this - both the book and author are new to me so I'll be adding it to my list. Here's my Friday meme

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!