Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Teaser Tuesday: The Eighth Circle by Sarah Cain

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of A Daily Rhythm. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

Teaser:
He was good at keeping a poker face under normal circumstances, but his former father-in-law stretched his limits. 
This week my teaser comes from The Eighth Circle by Sarah Cain. I got the eARC for this thriller from NetGalley. Here is the description from Amazon:
A year ago, Danny Ryan lost his wife and son in a car accident. He's still reeling from the tragedy when Michael Cohen, his friend and fellow journalist, drives into the pond in front of his house with a bullet through his gut.

With Michael's death ruled a murder, Danny must work to get his name crossed off the list of suspects, and that means digging into Michael's last article, an expose of the twisted side of Philadelphia politics. But powerful people are ready to kill to protect what Michael was about to uncover, and if Danny's not careful, he'll be next.

The dark heart of the city is on display in Sarah Cain's gripping debut thriller, The 8th Circle.

7 comments:

  1. This sounds like it will be good. I enjoy a good thriller too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds right up my alley. Adding it right away to my TBR list. Here's my intro/teaser: wp.me/p3Nz8P-A9

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh interesting teaser! Hope you enjoy the rest!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds intriguing. Always in the mood for a thriller.

    My TT - http://fuonlyknew.com/2016/01/12/teaser-tuesdays-142-descent/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Makes you wonder why he's dealing with his former f-i-l anyway....

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!