Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Teaser Tuesday: Clockwork Lies by Dru Pagliassotti

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of A Daily Rhythm. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

Teaser:
"The exalted has the utmost respect for Mareaux's top scientists."

"The exalted can speak for himself when he's not wearing a mask," Cristof muttered.

"Although it's usually better if he doesn't," Taya retorted. The queen lifted a handkerchief to her lips as if hiding a smile.
This week my teaser comes from Clockwork Lies by Dru Pagliassotti. This is the second book in the Clockwork Heart fantasy trilogy. Here is the description:
Taya, the metal-winged icarus whose investigation helped defeat a plot against Ondinium and its populace, is assisting her exalted husband Cristof Forlore on his fi rst ambassadorial mission. They must learn about Mareaux’s experiments in airship technology and determine whether the ostensibly scientific vehicles might be used for warfare — a taboo for Ondiniums, whose domination of the air is tempered by a deep cultural abhorrence toward airborne weapons after the devastation of the Last War a thousand years ago.

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like a lot of humour in that book.

    Mine this week is from a middle grade novel: http://pdworkman.com/andymcbean/

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOh intriguing! Liking that cover too!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not sure its for me but hope you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL You made me laugh with those teasers. I need to read this one!

    My TT - http://fuonlyknew.com/2015/05/19/teaser-tuesdays-115-joshua-and-the-lightning-road-my-review/

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!