Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Teaser Tuesday: Written in Red by Anne Bishop

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of A Daily Rhythm. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

Teaser:
"They have learned a human shape, but there is no humanity in them, nothing that recognizes us as more than meat. More clever than deer or cattle, but still meat. And yet, when they couldn't find the men who killed one of their own, they understood how to punish everyone in the city by tacking on a tax to the water rates. Which means they do have feelings about their own kind."
My teaser this week comes from Written in Read by Anne Bishop. I added this one to my TBR mountain when it was a Kindle Daily Deal. Here is the description:
As a cassandra sangue, or blood prophet, Meg Corbyn can see the future when her skin is cut—a gift that feels more like a curse. Meg’s Controller keeps her enslaved so he can have full access to her visions. But when she escapes, the only safe place Meg can hide is at the Lakeside Courtyard—a business district operated by the Others.

Shape-shifter Simon Wolfgard is reluctant to hire the stranger who inquires about the Human Liaison job. First, he senses she’s keeping a secret, and second, she doesn’t smell like human prey. Yet a stronger instinct propels him to give Meg the job. And when he learns the truth about Meg and that she’s wanted by the government, he’ll have to decide if she’s worth the fight between humans and the Others that will surely follow.

7 comments:

  1. Wah! This book sounds interesting; I love the teaser and the cover looks delicious too. I hope you enjoy it!

    Here's my Teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, very good teaser, quite provocative. I love this series.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clever and unusual premise. I don't often read fantasy or sci-fi, but these characters sound interesting.
    My Tuesday post features AN UNHOLY ALLIANCE.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh nice! I read this one last month and loved it! Cannot wait to read the next two, but my review pile is calling my attention first! lol! Hope you enjoy the rest!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good one. This is a new one and a must read for me!
    My TT - http://fuonlyknew.com/2015/04/14/teasers-tuesdays-110-shelf-life-the-publicist-book-two/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not sure I'm into this one, but I'm sure there's more than meets the eye.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this series. Expect to be hooked.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!