Friday, April 10, 2015

Friday Memes: Lion's Share by Rachel Vincent

Happy Friday everybody!
Book Beginnings on Friday is now hosted by Rose City Reader. The Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice. Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Don’t dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.

This week I am spotlighting Lion's Share by Rachel Vincent. Vincent decided to self-publish this spinoff her her Werecats urban fantasy series. This one is supposed to be more of a romance and more New Adult than the first series. Here is the description from Amazon:
Abby Wade has a dangerous secret.

Two months ago, she disobeyed an order, but instead of kicking her out of the Pride, Jace offered her a job. Since then, she’s been battling a completely inappropriate crush on the young, hot Alpha. But when accepting his job offer seems like the only way to keep her skeletons safely in their closet, Abby doesn’t hesitate.

Jace Hammond has a big problem.

A rogue is slaughtering humans in his territory, and he must eliminate the threat before the entire shifter species is exposed. There could not be a worse time for Abby to accept a job he only offered as a boost to her confidence. Abby is smart, beautiful, and resilient—more than enough to distract any man from the mission. Unfortunately, she may just be the worst enforcer ever to hold the title.

As they hunt the killer, Abby’s secret becomes a threat to Jace’s authority and to her own life. But the real danger is the grip she has on his twice-shy heart.
Beginning:
What they don't tell you about college is how much time you'll have to spend dodging your Alpha's call in order to get any studying done.

Or was that just me?
Friday 56:
For one brief, unguarded moment, I wondered what a son of my own might look like. But that would never happen.

8 comments:

  1. Great excerpts. I'm thinking she won't get much studying done and they'll wind up together.
    My 56 - http://fuonlyknew.com/2015/04/10/the-friday-56-57-warpath-by-richard-blomberg/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds great and the lead female sounds like a Handful. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen this one around but not read this author. Hope you are enjoying it.

    Stormi
    Friday Memes

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really want to read this book! Love Rachel Vincent!

    Check out my Friday 56/Book Beginnings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These quotes tell us a lot about the main character. She's sarcastic, pragmatic, and wants to lead as normal a life as possible.

    Here's my beginning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the beginning! There's a touch of humor that I always enjoy. The premise sounds interesting. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I'd like this one... I like her werewolves series.
    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like that beginning, very promising, and the 56 is sorrowful.

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!