Friday, January 23, 2015

Friday Memes: Bring on the Heat by Katie Rose

Happy Friday everybody!
Book Beginnings on Friday is now hosted by Rose City Reader. The Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice. Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Don’t dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.

This week I am spotlighting Bring on the Heat by Katie Rose. This is the first book in the Boys of Summer spicy romance series. I am a big fan of sports romances and couldn't resist when I saw that this book was only $.99 (although it's back to $2.99 now). Here is the description from Amazon:
In Katie Rose’s irresistible battle of wits, a case of mistaken identity lands a female fan in bed with a sexy superstar—and in major-league trouble.

House-sitting for a rich and famous friend has its perks, and Darcy Hamel isn’t shy about enjoying them. Especially when it means scoring a ticket to an exclusive fashion show hosted by the New Jersey Sonics. An avid baseball fan, Darcy has always dreamed of meeting the team—especially the starting pitcher whose body is as hot as his fastball. But there’s a catch. The gala is by invitation only. To get behind the velvet rope, mild-mannered Darcy will have to pose as party girl Lydia Logan.

Schmoozing is one of the downsides of fame, but Chase Westbrook knows how to liven up even the dullest event. And nothing spices a night up more than a beautiful socialite with a naughty reputation. What Chase doesn’t expect is a hint of sweetness beneath her sultry façade. Flirtation turns to seduction and leaves him aching for more. Chase just doesn’t know who the real Lydia is: the spoiled tease crying foul over some missing diamonds or the alluring woman making a play for his heart.
Beginning:
Darcy Hamilton pulled up to the Moorestown estate in her 2005 blue Honda Civic. The car was good on gas, but appeared a little battered in the luxurious cul-de-sac lined with million-dollar homes and BMWs.
Friday 56: 
The car arrived far too quickly, and Chase reluctantly let her go as he leaned forward and opened the door. "Whew," he said, grinning at her in admiration. "I knew you were gorgeous, but goddamn."

7 comments:

  1. Bring on the heat - the cover does that pretty well. LOL Happy reading.
    sherry @ fundinmental Friday Memes

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cover alone is an anecdote to this winter weather...enjoy!

    My Friday post: http://www.bookclublibrarian.com/2015/01/friday-focus-friday-56-book-beginnings_23.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not my sort of read, but it could surely heat things up in the dead of winter. :) Thanks for sharing.

    Check out my 56.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a delightful (and spicy!) story. It's always fun when a character tries to pretend she's someone she isn't. So many opportunities for trouble.
    My Friday post features FINDING SOUTHERN COMFORT.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds fun! I always enjoy a character whose house sitting and is a little out of their element. And I love the baseball player aspect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wouldn't throw him out of bed for eating crackers! My oh my!

    My 56 - http://fuonlyknew.com/2015/01/23/the-friday-56-49-the-christmas-dragon/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Darcy is a generational name in my family. It is passed down to each first-born son, from my father, brother, nephew... you get the idea.
    I tend to be drawn to books with the name, provided it's spelled correctly. Weird quirk, but whatever gets me reading the book, right?!
    LOL
    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!